Well...we just thought that we had more time to get ready for little Lydia to get here! Tuesday morning at 2:00 I woke up and my water had broken! So...we quickly threw some stuff in a bag (of course I had NO clue what I wanted to take...and had not started a bag) and came up to the hospital. When I got here I was having contractions and they were 2-4 minutes apart. The doctor wanted them to stop the contractions, so they started giving me medicine to do that. They stopped and they started me on an antibiotic and a steroid to develop her little lungs. I finished taking the steriod at 4:00 yesterday and they took me off the contraction medicine at 5:00 this morning (Thursday). So now we are just going to wait and see what happens! We had an ultrasound yesterday afternoon and she looked GREAT! The doctor said he estimates that she weighs around 5 pounds 3 oz. So that is really good! The doctor hopes that she will wait a little longer for her to get here...but they are not going to stop labor if/when it starts up. So for now I am just stuck on bed rest...and we are waiting!
With our fruit basket from brothers and sister-in-laws!
Looks yummy! Can't wait to try it out!
It's been a little overwhelming...but God has given us so much comfort and peace. So many family and friends have come by to check on us and are praying for us, and we know that is what is helping us get through this. It's wonderful knowing you have people that you can lean on!
We guess Lydia is just ready to get here! Don't know if she got excited about her little cousin Eden and wanted to meet her quickly...or if she wanted to get here to see all her things that she got at her church shower on Sunday! The shower was amazing...such a blessing! Jeff put her stroller together Monday night...so maybe she wanted to go for a ride! Whatever the reason is...we are just praying that she will be healthy and strong!
At our church shower
Some of her stuff from the shower
Lydia's clothes in her closet
Her rocking chair that Aunt Glenda made for her and piggy bank and frame from GiGi
We will try to keep this updated so you can know what is going on! :) Who knows...next post might have Lydia's first picture in it!
1 comment:
Hey Sarah!! Wow your pictures look great. I'm glad you enjoyed the basket. Looks like you got lots of stuff at your shower.
We are praying for you guys.
Love you!
Mike & Leanne
Post a Comment