14 months old already ... Where has the time gone?!? Jack Henry came into this world and blessed our lives more than we ever could have imagined. He has the sweetest little personality. His smile lights up the room and can really make a bad day turn good. I love watching his personality develop and I can't wait to grow even more. I know God has big plans for him!
Just a few "stats":
Weight - 26 - 27 pounds
Diaper - Size 4
Clothes - Mostly 12-18 and 18 month, some 18-24 and 24 month
Personality - HAPPY
Jack Henry has liked books for a while now, but mostly just to eat! Seems like the last week or so he has become really interested in looking at the pictures and listening when you read to him. He LOVES to get all his books out of his box. Makes a huge mess, but makes me happy to see him with his books. Hope he enjoys reading as much as Lydia does.
He is FINALLY drinking out of a sippy cup ... some of the time! He is still taking 3 bottles (morning, before nap and before bed), but takes a sippy cup at lunch and dinner. He also has started drinking juice a little more. Hopefully we will be totally off the bottle (except for his night time bottle) before too long. Tried to replace his morning bottle this week, and he wanted NOTHING to do with it. He loves his bottle. =)
First Black Eye
First BIG whelped out bump
I guess with becoming more active comes more boo boos. In the past week, he's had a run in with the bouncy seat at Mimi's (black eye), tile floor in the kitchen (busted open chin), and the coffee table (huge bump on head). And of course they all happened on "my watch", while Jeff was out of town. =( Thankfully none resulted in a trip to the ER or stitches!
This boy LOVES to eat! I pray that he will stay a good eater! He LOVES fruit and veggies the most. Some of his favorites are green beans, green peas, corn, apple, banana, peaches, grapes, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, honey dew melon, and mango. Some of the other foods that he likes to eat are chicken, grilled cheese, yogurt, quesadillas, peanut butter and jelly and pickles. =) I'm ready for some cooler weather so I can start cooking more. Hopefully he will like my cooking!
We are SO thankful that Jack Henry is such a good sleeper. He loves to be rocked for a little bit, but then he is ready to be put in his bed and go to sleep. I LOVE our rocking time and hope he wants to be rocked for a long time. ;) He still takes 2 naps a day (normally a little over an hour in the morning and 2 - 2 1/2 hours in the afternoon) and then goes to bed at 7:00 and sleeps until 6:30 or 7:00. It's kind of nice having him suck his thumb (I'm sure one day I'll regret it!) because he puts himself back to sleep if he wakes up and we don't have to search for the paci!
This past month he has become VERY active! He is into EVERYTHING and is very persistent! If you pull him away from something, before you turn around he is already headed right back for it! We've tried to baby proof as much as possible, but feel like there's still so much that needs to be done. Hopefully he'll grow out of this stage quickly!! He's not walking yet, but seems to be getting more and more confident every day. I'm sure it won't be long. He gets where he wants to go crawling VERY quickly. I'm not sure I've ever seen a baby crawl so fast. It's so cute. =)
Crazy that another month has come and gone. It's hard to think back on life before Jack Henry was born. We love him so much and love watching him grow and learn every day.






No comments:
Post a Comment