Wednesday, March 19, 2008

We're Back!


Yesterday we were told to go home and pack our bags...and we moved back in the hospital! But this time Lydia is in the room with us! We are still in NICU, but it's a stepdown room. We change her diaper, take her temperature and feed her. They are still monitoring her...but it's one step closer to going home! We are still not sure how long she will be here, but we will be with her until she goes home.

They took out her IV yesterday and she is eating really well! All she is doing right now is eating and sleeping. She looks so peaceful when she is sleeping...can not keep our eyes off of her. :) They took her out of her isolet and put her in an open crib and so far she has done well. They also took her out from under the "blue light" and her biliruben levels were down this morning! She is doing really good and we are just waiting on her to get a little bit stronger. She is finally able to wear clothes...we think that she looks even cuter in clothes!


We are doing good. This is all really overwhelming and starting to wear on us physically, emotionally, and mentally, but we know that God will not put more on us than we can take. We are leaning and trusting on Him.

7 comments:

The Parnell's said...

Yea!!! One step closer to going home. That's great. I can only imagine how tough and stressful this is on you guys. If you ever want to talk or just need someone to listen you know where I am. I love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful blessing!! I can't imagine how hard this has been on all of you. Jason and I are in town daily and will do anything we can to help you guys. We can bring you lunch/dinner, come visit, anything you might need. Just let me know. You are in our prayers!

Carol Walker said...

Jeff, I don't know if you know this or not, but Jay was born 9 weeks early. He weighed 3 lbs, and 6 ozs, when he was born. Really the only problem he ever had was the same thing Lydia is having. They did have to take some of his blood out, I am not real sure what all of it was about because I had him in Doctors Hospital and they took him to St. Vincent's nursery. They made him gain up to 4 and 1/2 pounds before we could take him home and it took him 2 weeks and 2 days to do that. Believe it or not he stayed small (weighing 16 pounds at 1 year) but very healthy. He didn't catch up with weight until he was in the 5th grade. And you know how it goes from there. I am praying Lydia (such a beautiful name Kelly's youngest little girl is named Lydia too) will do just as good. She is beautiful that is for sure. Carol Walker

Jay Walker said...

Jeff,
Sarah Beth was a mo. early to. Her beathing was fast, so they had to keep a eye on her. I know what you mean about wanting to hold her all the time and not being able to. She was under the same lights, but we took her home and then had to take her back and go under what I called the tanning bed with the sunglass. Just remember she will always be a daddy's girl! Girls are so much fun. Jay W. Walker

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! We have been staying in touch through Rita. We were out of town for the big day, but you all were certainly in our prayers. I thought it was so neat that we had 2 great nieces born the same day in the same hospital and both in the same NIC unit. We are so happy she has been moved to step down. I know you are all ready to go home. We will continue to keep you all in our prayers. Can't wait to see her! John & Anita.....

Anonymous said...

I am so happy she is doing so well. She looks ADORABLE in her little clothes. Craig has been looking at pictures of her non-stop for the past few days. I think hes in love. :o) Both of us can not wait until we have a break in our crazy school schedules so we can come see her (and you guys too). I can not wait to finally be able to hold her. Yall are in my prayers and if you need anything, please let me know. love yall.

Laura Carson said...

Congratulations! She is just beautiful. You would never know by looking that you just had a baby! Your family is in our prayers. I am very happy to hear Lydia is doing so well. I love her name too!