Friday, August 8, 2008

When Daddy's Away....

THE GIRLS WILL PLAY!!!



Jeff had to go to Fayetteville Monday - Wednesday this week, so Lydia and I headed to Searcy. We had such a good time hanging out with Uncle Craig, Granna, and Grandmother. Of course we missed Daddy...but we had fun! Aunt D had picked some pears and apples for Grandmother and I to play with! We made fresh applesauce and pear preserves. It was so much fun learning new stuff with Grandmother! Some of my earliest cooking memories are of making chocolate chip cookies with her. I'm glad we can still make a mess in the kitchen! :) I had no idea that it was as easy as it was! Hopefully when Lydia is able to start eating "solids" I'll be able to make her baby food.

We started with fresh pears (and apples)...

And ended up with applesauce, pear preserves...
...and homemade apple strudel
Lydia learned to "growl" while we were in Searcy. We have no idea where she picked it up from...but she does it all the time. When Jeff woke her up this morning, that was the first thing she did. It is so cute to look at this cute little girl...and then she growls at you! She is growing, her hair is finally coming in (and it looks like it might be blonde!!) and getting more and more of a personality everyday. I feel like I can almost see her growing!

Sitting on GiGi's table with Eden

Me & Granna
Only 11 more days until we get to see Uncle Matt & Aunt Beth! We can hardly wait!!! And only 4 weeks until Uncle Shawn gets married! We've got a busy month ahead of us! A lot of firsts for Lydia...so there will be lots of pictures! :)
We are so blessed to have such a happy baby! Here are a few pictures of her...just being her happy little self! :)

1 comment:

The Parnell's said...

It's amazing how much more personality she has compared to a month ago when we saw her last. Lydia really is growing up fast. You'll have to e-mail me and tell me how you & Grandmother made the applesauce. Andrew loves the stuff so it would be nice to know how to make it at home. Hope you guys are having a great weekend!! Love ya