Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Croup?!?

Well, we've had our first "illness"! Lydia woke us up Friday morning about 4:45 coughing this HORRIBLE cough! It sounded like she had swallowed a seal! It scared me at first...and then I remembered I had read about this cough. So we pulled out our little book from the doctor and looked up croup...and that is what it was. We went to the doctor and they put her on a steroid. She seems to be getting better...so that is good. She will be done with the steroid today, and I am more than ready! It makes her not sleep well...so our afternoons are pretty long. We are just ready for her to feel better. Poor girl has not felt good for two weeks now!
Stylin' in her Halloween sleeper and pumpkin hat from Grandmother
What a cute booty!
We had a good weekend! Granna came down and stayed with us...and we had such a good time! It was good to see her and visit some! She kept Lydia Friday night and let Jeff and I get out for a quick dinner and treat. It was a much needed break for me! Saturday night we went over to GiGi's house and watched the Razorback game! Of course we ended up watching Lydia more than the game...but oh well!

Me and Nena K with GiGi's bunny

Last night at church we had our "Harvest Fellowship" and Lydia got to wear her bunny costume! She looked adorable...and it kept her nice and warm! We didn't get a chance to take her picture while we were outside...so we took some once we got home. Here are the pictures from our "photo shoot"!

2 Little Bunnies

Trying to "hop" away...

"Look at me!"

"Okay...I've had enough! How do I get this thing off me?!"

Today is "flu shot day"...not looking forward to that! Hopefully she will do okay with it!

4 comments:

Beth said...

Sorry to hear that Lydia has been sick. The picture of her with the flower print hat on is so cute. She looks like "Little Miss Muffet"! Hope she is better soon:)

Laura Carson said...

Poor Lydia. I hope she feels all better soon. She is adorable in her costumes!

I have been wanting to ask you this for so long, but couldn't! Where do you get her bows and hats? They are super cute! I see baby girls wearing the big bows all the time, but just can't find them!

The 5 Simpsons said...

Hope she feels better soon! Her costume was SO CUTE on her!

Lane said...

Oh good ol croup!! Sterling gets that EVERY year at least twice! I have learned that taking them outside in the cool air will help with the breathing. It shrinks the vocal cords. Crazy! Sterling and my husband actually slept outside for about half the night Sunday because of it! No fun. Hope she gets better fast. She is just the cutest thing!! And your spitting image...it's amazing! :)