Saturday, December 11, 2010

Christmas Festival @ Midtowne Church

Instead of doing a Fall Festival, our church has an awesome Christmas Festival every year. Last year, Lydia was not at all interested in anything that was going on ... games, inflatables, food, etc. ... but this year was a totally different story! It took her a little bit to get warmed up, but boy did she have fun once she did!


Before we left the house she said, "Mommy take a picture" ... think she's heard that once or twice?!? =)

 Showing off her dance moves with the hula hoop! She was too cute!

 One of the games that she played. She loved throwing the ball through this hole.

We've tried inflatables with Lydia at other places and she has never wanted to do them. She would look in them and even climb almost all the way in, but then she would back down and not want to do it. I didn't know how she would do today, but did she ever surprise me!

 Does she look like she's having fun or what?!?

 I think once she figured out that it's just like jumping on Mommy and Daddy's bed she was hooked! She kept saying "Mommy, this is awesome" over and over and over again!

 Going down the little slide ... wheee!!

 She then got brave and climbed up this HUGE slide and went down! I wish I would have got a picture of the whole thing! She looked so tiny coming down!

 After much bribing, I finally got her to eat a hotdog and a little bit of popcorn and then she got COTTON CANDY! She was a huge mess when she finished but she loved every last bite of it!

On our way out she noticed the animals that they had for a little petting zoo and she wanted to go over and see the animals. Then ... she spotted the pony!! We waited in line and I figured she would never get on it by herself, but yet again, she surprised me! I did have to walk beside her, but she did so good!

 Look at that smile!!!

 Such a little sweetie!

 She was telling me she wanted to go some more! Hah!

 Petting the baby pigs ...

And baby cows!!

As you can see, she was WORN OUT by the time we left. We had a little meltdown when it was time to go, but thankfully it didn't last too long! She had so much fun and I loved watching her! Seeing the smile on her face makes everything worth it!

No comments: