After having Jeff home for over 3 weeks, he had to go back to work this week. =( We've loved having him home and all the extra play time we've had. He's such an amazing help at home and I am already missing his help! We've had to start a new routine, and thankfully the first week went pretty good!
In the fall, Jeff was home in the mornings to help with breakfast and getting Lydia ready and off to school. Now he's going in at 6:30 so it's all me! So that means I have to be dressed and ready before Lydia needs to be getting ready. Waking up earlier took it's toll on me this week! Hoping it gets easier! Hah!
Our first morning on our own went great! Lydia even had time to play on her LeapPad before it was time to leave for school! Woohoo!
I think Jack Henry has had the hardest time adjusting to Jeff going back to work. He LOVES having daddy home to play with. Mommy just isn't the same. He also doesn't think I should do anything (no laundry, dishes, cleaning, etc.) except play with him.
We spent a couple days in our pjs, which was actually kind of nice!
Lydia's class was in charge of Rise & Shine this week and I'm so glad we were able to go watch today! She and Grayson said The Pledge of Allegiance and school creed every day. She did GREAT! I wasn't sure how she would do being up in front of the entire school, but she didn't seem like it bothered her one bit. I've been amazed with how much she has come out of her shell this year. Hoping she has a more outgoing personality than I do! I would DIE if I had to get up in front of all those kids and talk. Hah!
Thankful we survived our week. I was glad when Jeff walked in the door tonight and knew I had his help for the next 2 days. =)

No comments:
Post a Comment