Saturday, March 7, 2009

Playing Catch Up

Where has the time gone?? I feel so behind on my blogging...hopefully I can get caught up soon! :) Jeff made it home safely from San Diego, and was Lydia ever happy to see him! It was so sweet! She would not let him put her down! She really had missed him! We've been busy trying to get things ready for her big party on Saturday. I can't believe that it's here already!


Practice cookies for the party...I had so much fun!

Her party dress my Grandmother made for her!

Lydia continues to grow and change daily! It seems like everyday she is learning something or doing something new! She still is not walking yet, but has wonderful balance! She will stand up all by herself and stand there for the longest time. We figure once she gets brave enough to take her first step, she will take off and never look back! She LOVES to look out the windows now. I guess she is going to love the outdoors like her daddy.

Checking it all out


I LOVE that little smile!

Check out the hair! Yea!
She spends a lot of her day "reading" her books. It is so cute to watch her. She will get started "reading" them out loud, and turning the pages. ADORABLE! I could just watch her for hours!

Reading with Mommy

Another way that she is changing, is that she is becoming more independent. She has started to refuse baby food and wants to feed herself her cereal, with her FINGERS!! Talk about a HUGE mess! I think that we are done with cereal for now! Here are a few pictures from the other night. She had cereal all over herself...except on her bib!

She hasn't figured out it's easier to eat with a spoon!

Hmm...lets see how this works!

Everyday is a new adventure...and we are loving it!


1 comment:

Mike & Leanne said...

I love the cake. It is so cute. We can't wait to celebrate Lydia's birthday next weekend. The new pictures are so cute. Love ya.