Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Lil Thumb Sucker

Well, I think we officially have a thumb sucker in our house. Jack Henry started sucking his thumb when he was about 2 1/2 months old, but only in his sleep. He couldn't seem to get his thumb in his mouth when he was awake. Well, when he got sick back in October, he stopped sucking it and all of our sleep trouble started. Two weeks ago, we decided we needed to stop rocking him and let him go to sleep on his own, and he discovered his thumb again! I know one day we will probably regret letting him suck his thumb, but right now, it's awesome! We don't have to search for a paci in the middle of the night like we did with Lydia and he is so stinkin' cute when he sucks it! ;)


This was the first time I found him sucking his thumb a couple weeks ago. I laid him down for his nap and never heard him. So, I went in to check on him and this is what I found. So sweet!

 Sucking his thumb in his high chair ... this can be frustrating when you are trying to feed him and he starts to suck his thumb between bites!! Guess we are too slow! =)

 Love those big blue eyes looking up at me.

 It's also been nice in the car seat! He was so tired while we were at Walmart one morning and I was glad that he was able to soothe himself while I finished up my shopping.


I need to post a video of him sucking his thumb. Sometimes he "sings" while he is sucking it, and it's seriously one of the sweetest things I've ever heard!

Like I said, we may regret this one day, but getting sleep has been SO nice lately. He and I both needed it. =) Maybe I will remember to come back and check the blog when I am asking myself why we let him suck his thumb!

1 comment:

Mike & Leanne said...

LOVE the new posts and all the pictures! Looks like y'all have been busy lately. Jack Henry is getting so big. I'm glad y'all are all getting sleep now. Isn't that the greatest feeling? Love y'all.