Sunday, December 4, 2011

Santa's Little Helper ... Elfie

 Elfie made his big arrival with a fun North Pole breakfast, including snow covered donuts from Santa and kisses from the reindeer.

 He brought a few little gifts with him! A coloring book and Christmas socks for Lydia and Mommy. He also wrote a little note to Lydia, re-introducing himself. Not sure that she really remembers him from last year!

 He also brought a cute little Christmas bib for Jack Henry and yummy Raisinets for Daddy.

 Lydia checking out her note.

 Yumm!!

 Jack Henry checking out his stash!

 Jack Henry and Lydia posing with Elfie.

 Something new we are doing this year is letting the kids (well, Lydia this year) open a Christmas book every day in December. I don't have 25 yet, but hopefully by next year I will! Here they are all wrapped and under the tree.

 Sweet babies

 The first book Lydia picked was a perfect way to start out the Christmas season. I hope that we can make Christmas fun for the kids. But I pray that we will always make sure to focus on the real meaning of Christmas. If we miss the fact that we are celebrating Jesus' birth, then we've failed.

Opening a book together! ;) Love the way he watches her!

No comments: