Tuesday, July 12, 2011

4th of July Surprise!

Well ... our 4th of July was a crazy one this year!! We started out spending the day with this little red, white and blue girl. We had a few things we needed to get for Jack Henry and several stores were having sales, so we got out and ran errands that morning. 


Our day ended by going to the hospital and meeting this little guy!!

My water broke around 7:00 that night and we got to the hospital around 8:30. Of course I did not have a bag packed and we needed to do laundry! I had planned on having my bag all ready ... but it didn't happen! =) We got all checked in and hooked up to all the monitors and before long I was 6 cm and getting an epidural. Around midnight, I was 9 cm and they discovered Jack Henry was breech! =( They had to do a c-section right away.  Not what I wanted or planned, but it's what had to be done! It was over very quickly and I was so happy to meet Jack Henry! He was born @ 1:27 a.m. on July 5th ...so almost a July 4th baby!

All cleaned up and meeting Jack Henry for the first time. It was love @ first sight! When Jeff brought him over he looked so tiny to me!

Daddy and his baby boy!

I couldn't believe he was finally here! Totally was expecting to have a couple more weeks!

After we got back in our room everyone came in to meet the little guy. We all got to see him get his first bath and his official weigh in. He was NOT a fan of his bath at all. He was showing us he has GREAT lungs right from the beginning! Once he was all swaddled up and warm he was a content little guy.

Pops and Reedee getting a good look!

Mimi and Papa getting some lovin' in!

Jack Henry looking at Granna!

Proud Daddy! =)

So in love already ... didn't take long for him to steal my heart!

No comments: