I am going to be perfectly honest ... I had some anxieties while I was pregnant with Jack Henry. Along with the normal ones (healthy baby, not going into pre-term labor, etc.) I was really worried about how Lydia would adjust to having a baby brother. For the past 3 years, it's been all her. She's the only grandchild on Jeff's side of the family and as you can imagine, she is pretty spoiled with attention! Not in a bad way, but still spoiled! =)
Well ... she has done GREAT!! She is the best big sister and is so sweet with Jack Henry! It's almost like she can not get enough of him! From the first time she laid eyes on him and even now, 2 weeks later, she is all about him! She wakes up wanting to see him, "shhhs" him when he cries, wants to hold him, pat him and love on him. Here are just some of the pictures of her with her "Baby Jack Henry"!
That sweet smile says it all!
First time she held him. You can tell by her face that she was so excited to meet him. She could not stop giggling and looking at him. One of the sweetest moments in my life!
Holding him all by herself!
Trying to calm him down before Daddy changed his diaper.
"Helping" change the diaper! =)
She loves to give him her blankies and "friends" for him to sleep with. That's a HUGE deal! She is pretty attached to her blankies!
She could not get over him in this bouncy seat when she woke up from her nap one day. And the fact that he had his eyes open made her even more excited!
Another thing she loves to do is read to Jack Henry. If he's not fussy when it's her bedtime, I try to take him in her room so we can all read together.
I pray that Lydia and Jack Henry will always be close.

No comments:
Post a Comment