Monday, August 19, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten - Part 2

After dropping our girls off for their 1st day of kindergarten, us mommies got together for some Starbucks and encouragement! I met Brooke at church and Aimee and Nicole through Lydia's preschool class last year. All 4 girls were in the same preschool class and I love that we've stayed connected! It was good to have something to do other than going home and thinking how quiet the house was without Lydia there! As you can see, Jack Henry was a little ladies man. ;) Think he kind of liked it! Hah!

 He was so excited about his Starbucks treat ... a yummy cake pop!

After Starbucks, we met Jeff and went to a Red Wolf lunch. Something else to keep my mind off Lydia being in school! =)

We are ready for some Red Wolf football at our house!!

 This little guy is a little obsessed with Howl! He loved seeing him on all the TV screens around the room. Jeff enjoyed being able to hear Coach Harsin and several others speak and talk about the upcoming season.

 After a quick nap, it was time for us to go and pick up Lydia! Jack Henry and I were both super excited!! We stayed so busy, that the day flew by! 

 She was all smiles when she got in the car after school! HUGE answered prayer!

 She was so excited about her cake!! Too bad she grabbed it right when she walked in the door and smudged all the icing! ;)

 She was so proud of her certificate and the fact that she made it through the day and kept her happy face. =)

 Ready to dig into some cake before bed!

 I saw this on instagram and had to "steal" it ... This is my prayer for Lydia this year (and through life). I know having godly friends and people around you makes a huge difference and I just pray that God will put people in her path that will help build her up.


No comments: