Tuesday, June 29, 2010

FREEDOM!!


The weather here has been SO hot this summer (actually summer just started - YIKES!) that we have not been able to get outside a whole lot. Lydia loves it outside, so we were so happy when a thunderstorm rolled through one afternoon and cooled things off! She felt like a free little girl being able to run, jump and play without getting way too hot!

Lydia is a little jumping bean! She LOVES to jump!

Running down the sidewalk! I love how when she gets the least bit hot, her hair curls up! Look at it bouncing as she runs!

Sweet baby girl!

There were 3 girls a couple houses down that had a dog and she couldn't keep her eyes off of them! She loves to watch people!

Pushing her tricycle out of the grass all by herself! I offered to help, but she didn't need it!

Checking her "basket" for mail!

LOVE this little girl!

And she's off!

Hopefully things will cool off a little around here so we can spend some more time outside! It's almost too hot to even go to the pool. We went twice last week and the water felt like the bathtub! =(

I'm so thankful God has provided and I am able to stay at home with Lydia everyday! Some days it's hard and stressful and I wonder if I'm really cut-out to be a Mom, but other days are so rewarding and I know I'm doing exactly what God wants and what I've dreamed about my whole life!

1 comment:

Resisting Perfection said...

She is just adorable! Layla has that dress too, but I doubt it still fits her from last summer :( I loved it! Same here with our pool, we have a black bottomed pool and we didn't even think about that getting hotter than normal. It still somewhat cools us off though.