My mom and I drove out to Virginia with Craig to help him get moved and settled into his new apartment. The day started with an EARLY alarm at 4:15 in the morning! YIKES! I do not function very well at that time of day ... but thankfully I was able to get up and around!
Right before we walked out the door to begin our road trip!
Proof that we were in the truck before 5:30!!
We had an uneventful drive out to Virginia which was an answered prayer. We got there a little bit before 9:30 so it was a LONG day! Our first stop was to see Tiffany and she surprised Craig with an awesome Chocolate Eclair Cake for his birthday! It was super yummy and a great treat after a long day! Finally we got settled into our hotel for the night and got a little bit of sleep before moving day!
After a few mishaps at the apartment, we finally got things moved in Thursday afternoon and were able to get a lot of stuff unpacked and stuff kind of where it needed to be. Friday was spent shopping for groceries and a few more pieces of furniture that he needed.
Mom and Craig working hard putting his new kitchen table together. They didn't take any pictures of me working ... but I promise I did! =) I actually put one of the chair together! Hope it stays together! Hah!
Craig and Tiffany's first candle light dinner at his apartment! =)
Here is a little slideshow of Craig's apartment before we left. He still has a lot to do, but I figured some people might want to see it! ;)
Mom and her baby boy before we headed out to the airport to come back home.
We had such a good time and I'm so glad we were able to go out and help him get some what settled before he started his new job. Charlottesville is BEAUTIFUL and I really think he will love it out there.
Here are a few pictures from our flight home. I don't think I've ever flown over the mountains when I've been able to see them. Our whole flight to Atlanta was below the clouds and it was an amazing view!
You can't really tell, but the trees were beautiful!! Such vibrant colors!
Such a different view from what we see in central Arkansas
Can't wait to come back and visit you Craig!! Good luck with your new job! We love you and are praying for you!



1 comment:
Great pictures from your trip to Virginia. Craig's apartment looks great and I'm sure he was really appreciative of the help in getting settled there. Wish we all could have gone and helped:) Glad you and Marilyn had a safe trip. Love all the new posts. Love ya'll!
Post a Comment