Monday, February 13, 2012

"Snow" Day

We had some snow fall today and Lydia was DYING to get out and play in it. I told her as soon as we got Jack Henry down for his nap, we would go out. I am not a big fan ... just because I don't feel like I can ever get warm once I go out and get COLD. But she wanted to go, so we went! Love watching her play and giggle and run around. Makes it all worth it!

Luckily right before we went out, it started snowing pretty hard. It was beautiful coming down.

Jumping in the snow

She was asking me if we could make some snow balls to throw. Unfortunately, there wasn't enough snow to make any. =(

Look, Mommy! I caught a snow flake!

Such a silly girl!

She spent most of her time clearing off the railroad ties in the back yard. Wasn't satisfied until they were all cleared. =)

All red nosed and ready to go in!

Well, not quite ready, but while we were outside the snow changed over to sleet and freezing rain, so it was time to head inside. With our crazy Arkansas weather, you never know if it's the last snow or not. We got spoiled last year with an over abundance of snow. Lydia doesn't quite understand why there is not "big snow" to play in! For her sake, I hope we get a big one that she can play in! We'll see!

No comments: