Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Book Worms

I LOVE that my kids enjoy reading and being read to. Lydia has always loved book ... whether playing with them, being read to, or now, starting to read them on her own. Looks like Jack Henry is following right in her foot steps. Some of my favorite childhood memories include my mom reading to us at night. As we got older, she started to read chapter books to us .. so much fun! I have always enjoyed reading (wish I had more time these days!) and pray that they will always be little book worms. 

One night while I was trying to get dinner ready, I got out Jack Henry's box of books and thought I might get a few minutes of him sitting in one place ... boy was I wrong! I looked in and saw this after about 10 minutes!

They were being so quiet and enjoying their books.

Of course Jack Henry is more interested in getting them all out of the box than reading them. =)

I think I was bothering him ... ;)

After a while, I looked back in there and saw this ...

She is one crazy girl!

Love that silly boy's face!

I couldn't believe how long they stayed in there "reading". It has become my go-to trick to get them to chill out and calm down ... Hopefully it will work for a while! =)

No comments: