Saturday, July 14, 2012

Going To See The Cheetahs

After being out of town Tuesday and Wednesday, Jeff came home with good news that he was off Thursday! We were all SO excited! Seems like every week he's been out of town this summer the kids have been sick and it's been pretty stressful. We let Lydia pick out something fun to do and she wanted to go to the zoo and see the new cheetah exhibit.

Loaded up and ready to go! 

 Lydia wanted to ride the carousel when we got there, so her and Jeff hopped on. Well ... she decided she didn't want to ride a horse or like the LOUD music! I do think she liked snuggling up with her daddy though! =)

 Jack Henry and I watching them go 'round and 'round.

 Next, she wanted to feed the fish. She loves doing this!

 Love them!

 Me and my lil man watching the fish.

 Love these kiddos! Sometimes it's still crazy to me that I am 1) am mom and 2) have TWO kids!

 Daddy and the kids

 I've never seen the giraffe sitting on the ground. She (or he) is so beautiful! Think they may be my favorite animals at the zoo. She just sat there and stared at us the whole time.

After the giraffes, we went and found the cheetahs ... and I didn't get a picture! They were pretty far away and just laying in the grass (don't blame them because it was pretty hot!), so I didn't get a picture. Maybe next time.

 Lydia was asking over and over again to see the birds ... and after our last experience (HUGE rat jumping down and running RIGHT in front of me) I said I would NEVER go back in there again. I stuck to my word and let Jeff take her while Jack Henry and I checked out the huge alligator. I like animals behind glass much better!

Crazy girl on the way home ... Seriously think she was getting delirious! She cracks me up!

No comments: