The elementary school where Lydia will go next year does a really neat thing with all the incoming kindergarteners that want to come. During a regular school day, they invite the kids to come for an hour and see the classroom. The first 30 minutes, they were just with a teacher while the kids were gone to art, music, library, etc. Then, they went with the teacher to tour the school and pick up the kids and go back to the classroom. Once back in the class, the current kindergarteners showed them around the room (their desks, centers, etc.) and gave them a note that they had written. It was so nice to go up there before open house when it's not so crazy. Hopefully that will help it not be so overwhelming once that day arrives!
Lydia and I on our way to Show and Tell. She was SO excited!!
Daddy was even able to sneak away from work for a little bit and come with us!
I'm trying REALLY hard to get ready for her first day of school. I don't know that I'll ever be completely ready, but I know I can't stop that day from coming. Just praying that God will help all of us adjust to a new stage in our life. It will be different for everyone. Also praying for her teacher right now. I have no control over who she gets, but God does! She is SO ready to go and I think that will help me a little bit. We will see ... Still have a few months to enjoy having her at home with me!
No comments:
Post a Comment