Sunday, May 26, 2013

Michigan Road Trip

I was so excited to load up with my mom for another road trip to Michigan. We went three years ago when Brisco was born ... and this time we were going to meet this little sweetie, Elle Carol!

Is she not precious?!?

It's a LONG drive, but was totally worth it! =)

 Can't believe how much Brisco has grown since we saw him last summer. We had so much fun playing trains, doing puzzles and hanging out with him.

 Loved all the cuddle time we got with Elle! 

While we were there, we went to this cool little place called Greenfield Village. It was the neatest place.  It felt like we were stepping back in time and I loved it!! There are all sorts of houses and buildings that had been brought in from all over the United States (Thomas Edison's laboratory, courthouse where Abraham Lincoln practiced law, etc). I told Jeff we need to make a summer trip to Michigan when the kids are older and go to this place. I know Jack Henry would LOVE it!


 This is a steam engine that they have been remodeling for the past five years. It had not been on the tracks in 80 years and a few days before we went they finally got it back out. They said they will start running it again soon!

 Another steam engine. These things are MASSIVE!

 Matt, Brisco and Granna riding on the carousel that was made in 1913!

 We got to take a spin in an authentic 1923 Model T! Brisco loved riding shot gun!



 Granna, Elle, Brisco and Matt riding on the steam engine around the park. It took us on a 3 mile loop where we were able to see all of the village.

These 2 were exhausted by the time we got done and passed out on the way to the cars!

We had such a wonderful trip ... bummed because I didn't take any more pictures than I did!! Guess we were too busy! ;) Thanks Matt and Beth for letting us invade and love on your sweet babies!

No comments: