I had been dreading this night since Lydia started PreK4! I knew there was nothing I could do to stop it, but I'm just not totally ready for her to grow up! Know once she starts kindergarten it's going to FLY by!! I tried to prepare myself mentally, and I think I did a pretty good job!
Didn't realize we were smashing Lydia! =) It was a little chilly, so I don't think she minded too much. =)
Gigi and Granna down to come to her graduation. She was so excited to see them! They even brought her a book (which I'm going to have her teachers all write her a note between now and high school) and some fun glow in the dark bracelets!
They had a little program of 4 or 5 songs and they did SO good! I'll have to post some of the videos.
Getting her certificate and Jesus StoryBook Bible from Mrs. Helen.
Hanging out with Mimi and Papa after graduation.
She wasn't really interested in taking pictures because all of her friends were running around playing. I got her to stop long enough for one picture!
This little guy was a little traumatized because we left him in the nursery. When I went to get him and he saw me he BURST into tears. Poor guy! He has some major attachment issues. =) Once he got a cookie he was all better though. =)
Lydia with some of her sweet friends she made this year ... Riley (who we go to church with, live by and they will go to the same kindergarten!), Addison and AnnaKate. Hopefully we can get some play dates together this summer with some of her friends.
I can't say enough about how much we love Mrs. Helen and how much we are going to miss her! She's been such a blessing this year and I'm so thankful that Lydia had her as a teacher. Lydia LOVES her and talks about her ALL the time. I wish she could just move up with Lydia and teach her in kindergarten in the fall. =)
I did good through all the songs (no crying) until the pastor got up and said a few words and prayed. Lydia is such a blessing to us. Yes, there are days that are challenging and I want to just pull my hair out, but she has such a sweet spirit about her. I realize more and more each day how fast time is going by and how quickly she is growing up. I pray that God will just help us as we raise her. That He will give us the right words to say and just the right tools we need to lead her to Him.
The thought of her going to kindergarten really scares me. I think about her spending more time at school than she does with me (besides sleeping) and that makes me so anxious. I know I just have to put her and all my fears, anxieties and worries in God's hands and trust that He will take care of her. I'm praying now for her kindergarten teacher. That she will make some godly little friends and that she will be a light in her class.




No comments:
Post a Comment