Monday, July 26, 2010

There's No Place Like Home

The saying "There's no place like home" is SO true! While I have a home and family of my own, there is just something about going to my mom's house. I don't know what it is ... but I LOVE it! And even though she doesn't live in the same house that we grew up in, I guess it's just being around her or in Searcy ... or something!

We went to Searcy this weekend and just had a good time, like always! I love being able to go and relax and Lydia loves playing with Granna and all the fun stuff that she does there!!

She was checking out a praying mantis in the new waterfall fountain in the back yard! She was so cute watching it!

I'm sure it made her Daddy proud! He loves when she finds interest in outdoor stuff!

Helping Granna water the plants!

"I help water!"

This is what Lydia's hair looked like when she woke up Sunday morning! She was so tired after playing in the beach ball sprinkler ... looks like she slept REALLY hard!

Eyeing Daddy's waffle! She always wants a bite (or 2 or 3) of whatever he is eating!

Her hair was SO tangled!

It took A LOT of water and detangler, but we finally got it looking cute for church!

Lydia didn't take a nap Sunday afternoon (we've had some major sleep issues the past week!) and passed out before we got to Beebe! She has not fallen asleep in the car in the longest time and she's done it twice in the past week! Praying that she will start sleeping better soon! It's been hard on all of us!

2 comments:

~Mrs. Guru~ said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Your daughter is so precious!

Stephanie said...

Glad you had fun in Searcy! I feel the same way when I go to my dads...there is just something about home.

Sorry you've had difficulty with Lydia sleeping. Praying it gets better for you guys soon!