Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Major Challenge ...


Warning ... This post is about potty issues!! =)

We started potty training on August 2nd, and after a week of very few accidents, Lydia has been accident free for over a month now!! She has done SO well and we are so proud of her!

BUT, we are having MAJOR issues with her going poop. For a while she was going in her pull-up @ nap, but then she just stopped going. She went for 5 days without going, so we started giving her MiraLax and Milk of Magnesia after talking to a nurse. She finally went and then went 2 days in the potty! I was praying that we had turned the corner ... but now we are back @ 4 days without pooping. I know she is miserable, but have no clue what else to do. Today we literally spent 3 - 3 1/2 hours in the bathroom ... and NOTHING!

I guess the reason for this post is to ask for prayers ... I know some of you who read are prayer warriors and I could really use them! I feel so frustrated and stressed about the whole situation. I feel like I'm losing my temper with her, and that's the last thing I want to do!! So, if you could just pray for all of us!! Praying she will have a break through and all this will be over ... and behind us!! Also, any suggestions or ideas that you have would be awesome! I'm up for any ideas!!

1 comment:

Laura Carson said...

I had that same problem with Gavin. He was 100% potty trained except in that area! The one and only thing that got him to go was the promise of playing with Daddy's iphone if he went poopoo. Now the first word Levi hears when he walks through the door is, " I go poopoo now I play Daddy's awesome phone!"

My only suggestion is wait a few months and try again or find Lydia's "iphone!" -- and really, I tried EVERYTHING else so I have no ideas!!! Good luck!