Friday, May 7, 2010

Happy 'Early' Mother's Day!

I am so thankful God blessed me with this sweet little girl!

Lydia and Jeff took me out for an early Mother's Day dinner since we will be busy this weekend. We went to Mimi's Cafe and it was wonderful!

They even brought presents!!

They got me the sweetest necklace with Lydia's name on it and a little pearl.

Love this girl SO much!

My mother-in-law (Reedee) took Lydia to make this plate for me as a surprise! It is beautiful and I can not wait to put it up in our new house! Lydia was very surprised when I took it out of the bag. You could tell that she remembered making it and couldn't figure out how it ended up in my gift bag! =)

Didn't she do such a wonderful job?!?

A close-up of the necklace!

Love these two!!

I know Mother's Day is supposed to be a day to celebrate our mom's, but since becoming a mommy, it's taken on a new meaning. I look at Lydia and just thank God that He gave me her as my daughter. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be a mom! I pray that I am raising her the way that He would want me to and that daily He will guide and direct me. It's such a HUGE job and I can't do it without Him. So this Mother's Day ... I'll be celebrating my mom, but also Lydia! =)

No comments: