Thursday, June 16, 2011

The BIG 29!!

My birthday was Sunday ... but it started Friday afternoon and we are still celebrating! =) Jeff and Lydia (and my mom and both sets of inlaws!) surprised me with an awesome birthday present before we headed to Searcy! Jeff had been telling me that we had to wait to leave until a package arrived. I have learned not to ask if he doesn't tell ... but I was wondering what in the world we had to wait on and kept thinking of the rush hour traffic we were going to get stuck in. But I was a good wife ... and waited patiently! ;)

Finally, the doorbell rang and him and Lydia went to the front door and shut the door. I went into the kitchen trying to gather up some last minute things and Lydia came running in through the garage with a brown box saying "Happy Birthday, Mommy!"

As you can see, we immediately sat down in the kitchen to dig in! =) She was very excited to help me open it!

 It was a Kindle with a super cute green case with light! I am in the middle of a book right now ... but I can hardly wait to download some books and start using it! I have a wish list started on amazon that is growing almost daily! ;)

Then, tonight, Jeff and Lydia took me out for a birthday dinner at Colton's!

 Love my dates for the night!! =)

 Lydia was so excited about the bucket of peanuts. She took the bucket and said "Is this my bucket? Yes?!?" Thankfully she shared with Jeff and I. She also LOVED the rolls ... but who can blame her?!? She ate 1 and a half before her dinner came on top of quite a few peanuts. Luckily she still ate her dinner pretty good!

 Love this little girl!

After dinner, we headed to our new favorite place in Bryant ... Lemon Tree!!

 Lydia cracks me up when she eats her yogurt! She will put a bite in her mouth and close her eyes ... completely enjoying every bite! We both agreed we could eat there every day and not get tired of it!

 So thankful for this guy! God truly blessed me with the best husband! Couldn't ask for a better husband, father to Lydia (and soon Jack Henry!) and friend!

No comments: