I have been planning on taking a road trip to Alabama for a couple of showers for Craig and Tiffany back in the summer sometime. The past month or so I started wondering if I should go or not because Jack Henry HATES the car seat. When we would have a good car ride, I would tell myself we would go ... and then when we would have a bad ride, I would tell myself there was no way I was going to torture him for 6 plus hours. Well, I decided to go and see what happened! I am SO glad that I did! There were some rough moments in the car, but all in all, he did great and we had a wonderful time.
So glad that Mom and Betty (Granna and GiGi) let us ride along with them!
Hopefully they will let us ride with them again ... there were some stressful moments! ;)
Jammies - Check
Full tummy - Check
Clean diaper - Check
Very tired - Check
It didn't take him too long before he passed out!
Don't you just love all of his jungle friends? =)
We made it to Memphis before he woke up ... and then we hit construction and traffic stopped! =( Poor guy was STARVING and there was no where to stop or pull over. Once we did stop we discovered that he had a HUGE diaper blow out. So no wonder he was screaming!
Chillin' in his shades after his after lunch nap. Glad that Reedee found him some cool boy sunglasses. He really needed them. Is he not the cutest?!?
After some more traffic and screaming, this is what he did right when we exited the interstate. We were about 5 minutes from Tiffany's house!
He loves his new monkey paci from Granna. If only he could figure out how to get his thumb in his mouth when he is in his car seat! Think that would make car rides a little more peaceful!
We were so glad to get to see these two!! After dinner, it was like Christmas! They opened up some of their birthday and shower gifts.
Cute little Arkansas/Alabama platter.
The family ...
I ordered them some really cute Alabama/Arkansas Christmas ornaments from a sweet friend of mine. Loved how they turned out!
So thankful that Tiffany's family let us stay with them. They were WONDERFUL hosts and it was great to be able to spend all the time we could with Craig and Tiffany.



No comments:
Post a Comment