Jeff and I decided last minute last week that we would take a mini vacation to Branson before his schedule got really crazy with work. Lydia stayed with Mimi and Papa and had a wonderful time! We missed her like crazy, but it was a much needed break!
At dinner on Friday night. We went to a WONDERFUL Italian restaurant. Everything was handmade and fresh ... and so delicious! Of course, I ate way too much bread and couldn't hardly eat once my meal came out!
After we ate, we went to play a little putt putt golf!
They took us on a train ride to the first hole!
Me trying to hit the ball ... it was a little close to the wall! Opps!
Jeff contemplating his hit ... of course!
Love this guy!
So ... as you can see, Jeff smoked me! Oh well, we had fun! And that is what matters! Or at least that is what I keep telling myself!
Afterwards we went and got dessert!! We went to Andy's and I got a brownie concrete ... SO good!
Saturday morning we went on a "hike" at the Ruth & Paul Henning Conservation Area. It was a beautiful morning and we went up this HUGE observation tower. I am not a fan of heights, but so glad that I went all the way up. The view was breathtaking!
Jeff taking in the view!
And me ... trying not to look down!
I am so thankful for Jeff and that God placed him in my life! It's been a wonderful 5 1/2 years of marriage and can't wait to see what else God has in store for our future!
We had such a great trip, but were so ready to get back to Lydia! On the way up, we were talking about how nice it was to just go and do without thinking about nap and bed time ... but then about the same time, we both said we wouldn't have it any other way!
No comments:
Post a Comment