We've been having some MAJOR sleep issues in our house ... I think that it has been one of the most frustrating things we've been through since Lydia was born! It seems like it really got bad once we took her paci away, but not sure if that is what caused it or not.
Once she goes to sleep she does fine, it's just the getting there that is rough! Most days/nights, it takes her at least an hour to go to sleep. Some nights, it has taken her 3+ hours to go to sleep. Some times she is back there quiet and you would think she was asleep ... but you go check on her and she's awake. Other times, she is back there playing, talking, singing and doing who knows what else! We've tried everything ... and nothing seems to work! We've tried spanking her (as a last resort), but have decided that doesn't really do any good. Plus, we feel bad if she really can't fall asleep and we are punishing her for it. As you can tell from the next picture ... we've tried taking EVERYTHING away from her. Sometimes it works ... sometimes it doesn't!
As you can tell from the next picture ... we've tried taking EVERYTHING away from her. Sometimes it works ... sometimes it doesn't! I always feel bad making her fall asleep without being covered up, but maybe she likes it that way! =0 We've tried taking away privileges (no TV, no playing in her play room, no swimming, etc) if she doesn't go to sleep or take a nap, and even that doesn't work! Ahh! We have even started putting her down early (around 7:15 or 7:30) and that doesn't always work either!
I feel like we've tried everything! I feel like a failure of a mom at times and that is no fun! I'm reading "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" and hoping maybe that will help some. Lydia was always such a great sleeper and we're not sure what has gone wrong! She's not getting enough sleep and most days it shows! Praying something changes soon!
1 comment:
I hate hearing that. That is no fun at all for anyone. Morgan and Jamie had a similiar problem after taking J. David's paci away. They finally got him to go to sleep when they started leaving his bedroom door open. For some reason that has worked for him. Do ya'll already do that? I can't remember. Hope it gets better really soon for y'all.
Post a Comment