
Every year after the Race For The Cure, I say to myself (and sometimes to others!), "I'm going to run the race next year!". Well ... so far it has not happened! Well, I'm praying this year is going to be different! I'm training with a girl from my church 2 days a week at 6:00 in the morning and then doing training on my own the rest of the week. The race is on October 16th, so I have about 6 1/2 weeks left to be able to run a little over 3 miles!
I've really enjoyed getting out the last 3 weeks and walking/running. I feel SO much better and love working towards a goal! I try to do my "runs" in the morning and then walk with Lydia on my off days or in the afternoons/evenings.
Jeff and I got out on our mini vacation and went on a little hike. It was a fun way to spend time together! I'm hoping he will start running so we can go together!
First we'll need to get a jogging stroller though! I'm hoping to find one on Craigslist or at Rhea Lana next week!
She LOVES being outside when we go for walks. We have a park close by that has a walking trail that's really nice. Part of it is shaded by trees, so that's always nice on hot afternoons!
Of course, her favorite part is playing at the park after I'm done with my walk!! We are both worn out by the time we get home.
Not only am I hoping to be able to run a 5k in a little over 6 weeks, I am hoping that I can get back in shape and stay that way! I feel so much better when I am working out ... not sure why I can't keep it up!
No comments:
Post a Comment