Monday, August 2, 2010

Lately ...

I was the worst blogger last week! =( We had VBS all week and by the time I got home, I was pooped and vegged on the couch until time to go to bed! I did manage to take a few pictures, so I thought I would share them in one random blog! =)

Lydia and I went to Walmart one morning for a MUCH needed grocery trip! We were out of all the necessities ... milk, yogurt, bananas, blueberries, grapes, apples and bread!

Lydia does so well @ the grocery store! Most of the time she holds the list and colors and helps me mark the items off!

Sometimes, if I'm not paying attention, she likes to find random things to throw in the cart! Thankfully, she's never begged or cried for anything (not even when we go down the toy aisle!!)!

She had the BEST time @ VBS and I'm so sad that I didn't get one picture of her in her class. VBS starts @ age 3, so she didn't get to "participate", but she went to the workers child care class and had an awesome time! She talked about it all day until it was time to go!

Some of her favorite things about VBS were ... eating "popisicles", watching the bear dance during the closing program every night, "driving" the golf cart, playing with Mrs. Debbie, and of course ... DANCING!

Jeff helped with recreation and I helped with the 3rd graders. It was so much fun to serve and get to know some of the people in our church. We have not had a chance to meet many people other than the ones in our small group so we had a fun week also!

On Saturday, we finally got to celebrate Papa's birthday!!

Lydia wearing the bow as a necklace!

Lydia picked out some cookies that her and Papa share! Not sure who was more excited about them! =0

No comments: